Workshops & Training Opportunities
Training for Health Professionals
PIRI is involved in cutting edge clinical research, service provision and has increasingly been involved in the dissemination of information and training for other health professionals involved in the pathway of care for these families.
PIRI has been very actively involved in providing training to Maternal & Child Health Nurses, Midwives, General Practitioners, Psychologists and other health professionals.
We have an ongoing commitment to provide clinical placement for doctoral and masters psychology students from La Trobe University, Swinburne, Australian Catholic University, Deakin, Melbourne University and RMIT.
We have also had international placements from Indonesia, France, Italy and Sweden.
We are proud to be able to offer a range of training workshops for health professionals wanting to run our programs on request (listed below) and an annual Training Calendar with PIRI staff and invited speakers. All topics will be available from Austin Health or if there are sufficient numbers, training can be provided to you at your work place. Specific topics of interest can also be accommodated by arrangement.
Travelling the Yellow Brick Road ($165)
Wednesday 15th November 2017
- By Carmel Ferretti (Clinical Psychologist)
- 3.5 hour workshop for professionals helping parents with their children making the transition to kinder or school
- Download the registration form (opens in new page) : Registration form professionals 15th Nov 2017
Promoting Pleasurable Play ($165)
Thursday 16th November 2017
- By Elizabeth Loughlin (Dance therapist and Social Worker)
- 4 hour workshop for professional working with vulnerable mothers and infants
- Download the registration form (opens in new page) : Registration form PPIMP
Strategies to improve help seeking- Motivational Interviewing ($330)
Monday 20th November 2017
- By Sofia Rallis and Jennifer Ericksen (Clinical Psychologists)
- Full day workshop for professionals wanting to learn some women centred strategies to engage and increase help seeking in the women they see.
- Download the registration form (opens in new page) : Motivational Interviewing Registration form
For more information:
Contact us on Ph: (03) 9496 4496