A.H. (Tony) Barnes
A seasoned executive with extensive experience at senior levels in the corporate world with a well developed understanding of the requirements for sound financial management of organisations and demonstrable leadership and people management skills. Tony had a successful career in finance and accounting spanning nearly forty years, thirteen of which at the level of Chief Financial Officer (CFO), within BHP and Zinifex. He has held the position of CFO for the Petroleum division of BHP for six years and that at Zinifex for 7 years.
Tony currently is a Non Executive Director and Chair of the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee of Cardno Limited a publicly listed professional services firm in the engineering industry. Tony has experience in all aspects of financial management with strong technical expertise, high energy level, strong personal values, and business ethics and is committed to delivering results in partnership with all stakeholders. During his 42 years in executive positions he:
- participated/lead organisation restructures;
- delivered process improvements in Zinifex to the value of $100 million;
- managed the successful float of Zinifex and participated in the establishment of a strong and competitive company;
- lead/participated in acquisitions and divestitures;
- had responsibility for the integrity of the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet for publicly listed companies.