MumSpace, Australia’s new one-stop website supporting the mental health and emotional wellbeing of pregnant women, new mums and their families.
MumSpace is designed to connect you quickly with the level of support you need, from advice and support in the transition to parenthood, to effective online treatment programs for perinatal depression and anxiety. The resources on MumSpace will help you ‘step-up’ to whichever level of support suits you best. MumSpace is also a resource for your healthcare professional.
MumSpace is brought to you by the Perinatal Depression e-Consortium (PDeC), led by the Parent-Infant Research Institute (PIRI) in partnership with Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia (PANDA), Monash University, Jean Hailes for Women’s Health and Queensland University of Technology.
Apps, Programs and Blogs included
For women with significant symptoms of depression and anxiety, this online evidence-based treatment is easy to access and available 24/7 for mums who might find it hard to get out the house with a young baby.
MumMoodBooster is an online 6 step cognitive-behavioural therapy treatment program for postnatal depression and anxiety that has been proven to be highly effective. It is a sophisticated online treatment program modelled on face-to-face treatment and provides individually tailored feedback. It is the first its kind in Australia. Mum2BMoodBooster has been developed especially for pregnant mums.
- six sequential interactive sessions accessed from the convenience of home
- weekly SMS support
- video vignettes so participants can hear other women share their experiences
- exercises to help identify and manage symptoms of depression
- behavioural and cognitive skills
- interactive and tailored workbook
- access to lots of online information
- weekly telephone coached option for women with more severe symptoms
Take the MumMoodBooster Tour
The MindMum app is interactive, early intervention psychoeducation for women experiencing mild symptoms of depression or anxiety. MindMum provides strategies to manage stress, stay positive, assess mood and address problems with relationships and parenting. The app provides the following through 6 tiles on the home screen:
- Ideas – a collection of tip sheets for new mums and pregnant women
- How I’m feeling – an interactive mood rating tool
- Feel Better – a behaviour activation tool
- Work on It – a problem solving tool
- My Log – provides a space to record personal experiences, including pleasurable ones and achievements.
- Calm – mindfulness audio tracks to promote present moment awareness and increase feelings of calm
The Baby Steps website, can help new parents enjoy parenting and be prepared for challenging situations and manage their wellbeing. It includes babycare tips and information to promote wellbeing and manage relationships.
It is not just an information website but encourages action and recording of good times.
The What Were We Thinking! interactive website, mobile app and parenting blog is a universal tool, intended for all parents of first babies provides essential knowledge, skills and reassurance to parent with confidence, and promote mental health.
Information and interactive activities on essential age and stage related topics include A New Reality, Crying, Settling, Sleeping, Every Baby is Different, Growth and Development, In This Together and Your Needs.
These resources offer all new parents free access to evidence-informed, tried and tested parenting advice from leading Australian experts.